In 2020 we will again be offering scholarships for:
- Young (<30 years)
- Low income
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) facilitators
- Who have not previously received a scholarship.
There are no quotas. However, the focus is on those groups identified – you may fit into several groups, but it is important that you have not previously been a recipient. Your registration fee including dinner will be provided, and there may be funds to subsidise your travel and/or accommodation if requested with a rationale.
We will be calling for expressions of interest soon. Our 2019 criteria is below to help you see what sort of information is required to apply.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in facilitation
- Potential to benefit from participation in the AFN2019 conference / connection to AFN community
- Ability and desire to contribute to AFN2019 (e.g. conference support, cultural advisory, etc.)
- Compelling grounds for scholarship request (e.g. low income, working for a community or not-for-profit organisation, distance to travel, etc.)
Scholarships will be offered to individuals meeting the above criteria, as determined by the AFN2020 Convenors Scholarship group.
Please provide a written response to the criteria above. Proposed scholarship recipients will be recommended to the AFN2020 Convenors for consideration.