We are currently seeking expressions of interest to run workshops.
Click here to download the Pre/Post Conference Workshop Expression of Interest. EOI’s are due by Friday 26 April 2019.
Full day workshops will commence at 9am and are scheduled to run until 4pm with a break for lunch. Below is an outline of what the AFN will provide and what you will need to arrange.
- We will provide a contact at the Greek Club (our Conference venue) to assist you in arranging a venue.
- We will load a flyer and brief summary of your workshop on to our website along with links to your booking system.
- We will forward information to the AFN list on your workshop.
Workshop Presenter to Arrange
- You will need to set a price for your workshop.
- You will need to arrange a suitable venue and catering for your workshop
- You need to organise a booking process for your workshop (we recommend try bookings or Eventbrite). You will collect all funds for your workshop directly and will pay any GST or other fees directly. You are responsible for refunding all fees if the workshop is cancelled.
- You will need to prepare a flyer advertising your workshop.
- You will need to advertise your event and do your best to encourage registrations to make your minimum numbers.
- You will need to supply any equipment required for your workshop.
- You will need to set up and pack down any equipment that you require.
- You will need to make any travel/ accommodation arrangements required for you to attend your session. Information regarding travel and accommodation is attached to this email.
- You will need to attend the AFN Conference to qualify to run a workshop. This is a great opportunity to talk to attendees and possibly gain a few last minute registrations.
What we need from you.
If you wish to proceed with the workshop, we will need the following information:
- Your agreement to the above arrangement.
- Your flyer advertising your workshop (preferably in a word format that we can PDF)
- A link to your workshop booking system
- Any other links or information you would like us to load onto our website. We already have your brief biography and photo from the EOI.
- What your minimum number of attendees will be to run the workshop.
- Your Go/No Go date that if your minimum numbers aren’t reached that the workshop will be cancelled. It needs to be no later than 10 July (2 weeks prior to the workshop date).
If you need some help to set up your logistics in any way, you can contact our Conference Organiser, Danielle Bolton at email@example.com or 07 5429 8480 who can assist with whatever you need at an hourly rate.
The AFN Conference
Please note that our early bird ends on Friday 31 May 2019. Attending the conference is a requirement to qualifying to run a post conference workshop.
The AFN community are really looking forward to seeing in July. Please like our facebook page and tick that you are attending the conference to share this wonderful event and stay up to date.
We’re looking forward to working with you to offer your amazing workshop for our Conference attendees and the greater community. Should you have any questions or require clarification, contact our Conference Organiser, Danielle (details below).
If you need help with anything or have any questions regarding the AFN19 conference, please call our question guru, Danielle Bolton on 07 5429 8480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org